As far too many patients have already discovered, a hip implant can cause more harm than good. Several major hip replacement manufacturers have come under fire in recent years because of the injuries caused by defective devices. If you believe that you or a loved one has suffered because of a company’s dangerous device, you may have grounds for a hip replacement lawsuit to help compensate you for your suffering. Read on to learn more about the risks associated with defective hip replacements.
What Hip Replacement Implants are Problematic?
This is only a partial list and is subject to change, but the majority of patients who have filed claims about defective products have had experience with:
- Zimmer Holdings Durom Cup
- Depuy Orthopaedics ASR XL Acetabular System and ASR Hip Resurfacing System
- Stryker Orthopaedics Revejuvenate and ABG II modular-neck hip stems
- Wright Medical Technology Conserve Plus
- Biomet M2a metal-on-metal hip devices
Compensation to Help You Recover
Finding out that an implant you thought was helping is causing serious medical problems instead can be devastating. Filing a lawsuit may help you recover compensation essential for helping you recover from these injuries so that you can move forward with your life. Compensation can help to address:
- Medical bills: Having to go through additional surgery and follow-up care can be exhausting and expensive.
- Pain and suffering: Trying to manage the emotional impact of your injuries can also be difficult. Compensation will not undo the past, but it can offer you some support for dealing with these challenges.
- Lost wages: The medical impacts of a defective hip implant can cause you to miss time at work or even leave your job altogether. Recognizing this, a personal injury lawsuit award can help you recover these lost wages so that you can focus on recovery instead of financial anxiety.
Request Your Free Case Evaluation
There’s absolutely no obligation.
Should I Go With a Lawsuit or a Recall?
In some situations, the manufacturer of a defective device might offer you compensation as part of a recall. This is usually only given for certain medical conditions and does not capture all of your suffering. Before committing to taking a payout or medical services offered by the manufacturer, you should have your case evaluated for a lawsuit.
What to Do Next
If you have been injured as a result of a defective hip replacement, you have rights. It is in your best interest to act quickly and retain the services of an experienced hip replacement attorney. If you wait too long, you could lose the ability to file a case, facing an uncertain future with medical bills on your own. Make sure you have someone in your corner to represent your rights as an injured patient. No person should have to pay for defective Stryker hip or Zimmer hip replacements.
Finding the Right Attorney for Your Hip Replacement Lawsuit
Your health is an important part of your life, and it’s critical to find the right legal team to handle your hip replacement lawsuit. The outcome of a hip replacement lawsuit could help determine the course of your life for many years, so you need to find a team that is dedicated to the best possible outcome for you. The Goldwater Law Firm is passionate about fighting for you. We care about how a defective hip implant has changed your life, and we use all the resources at our disposal to handle your case with your best interest in mind.
Don’t hesitate to schedule a consultation with our firm today. You have a limited time in which to file a hip replacement lawsuit, so entrust the management of your case to the experienced attorneys at the Goldwater Law Firm. To schedule a consultation with one of our practicing attorneys, please give us a call at 1-800-210-9700 or complete our inquiry contact form.